Are you suffering from the effects of Long COVID?
We can help to shorten your recovery!
Long Covid is the term used to describe the effects of COVID-19 that continue for weeks or even months beyond the initial illness and can affect your entire body. The symptoms can often change and can even come and go over time.
The severity of symptoms varies from person to person and we are only just starting to understand the effects and extent of the problem. Thankfully, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists are well placed to treat many of the symptoms associated with Long COVID.
The symptoms of Long COVID can vary, but the following are the most common ones we can help with:
- Extreme tiredness (fatigue).
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest pain or tightness.
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia).
- Pins and needles.
- Joint pain.
How can physiotherapy help?
At Recover Physiotherapy, we help Long COVID sufferers by targeting symptoms directly through carefully planned programmes of exercise and functional rehabilitation. This can include:
- Physiotherapy to help relieve fatigue and aching muscles.
- Occupational Therapy to help your return to tasks and activities.
- Breathing exercises that you can continue with at home or at work.
- A tailored exercise program to help you regain strength and improve energy levels.
- Sleep strategies to aid rest and recovery.
- A ‘back to fitness’ program to help you return to your favourite sports and activities.
If you would like to know how Recover Physio can help you with managing and recovering from Long COVID, why not speak to a member of our team? Just click below to request a callback!