We Offer Online Appointments
Although we’re all, quite rightly, having to stay at home to protect those most at risk and flatten the curve to help out the NHS, it doesn’t mean help isn’t available if you’re experiencing pain and discomfort.
We have seen a rise in people contacting us with neck, shoulder and back pains caused by working from home at different workstations than they are used to. We have also seen a rise in ‘overuse’ injuries such as Achilles Tendon and Plantar Fascia problems caused by people having more time to be able to exercise every day – perhaps you have overdone it slightly too?!
Are Online Appointments Useful?
Online appointments via a secure video link have been shown to be beneficial in helping people who are experiencing pain and discomfort at home. We know this from scientific studies (people who live in inaccessible places with no access to a clinic have been treated this way for a while) and also from feedback from the online appointments we have conducted over the past few weeks.
What Happens During an Online Appointment?
Despite this, people have told us that they are unsure about speaking to us by video and they are unsure what to expect, so we thought we’d provide you with some more information.
Here’s what happens during an online appointment:
- We will ask you specific questions about your injury or condition.
- Then guide you through some tests and movements to help us with our diagnosis.
- We’ll discuss the diagnosis with you and make a rehab plan specific to you.
- After demonstrating each exercise or treatment, we’ll send you the rehab programme via our specialist exercise software so you know exactly what you have to do.
- We’ll be available via email or phone whenever you need us if you have any questions or concerns about what you should be doing
Hopefully that takes some of the mystery away from what we offer, but inevitably you still may have some questions. We offer a free phone consultation with one of our Physiotherapists so you can discuss your issue and the online appointment and find out if its right for you.
You can arrange your call by clicking here: Arrange my free phone call
Or you can call us on 01603 905111
Stay at home and stay safe
Everyone at Recover Physio